Abbey Road on the River is a five day Beatles Tribute Festival with more than 30 bands from around the world and scores of Beatles fans come together at the Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor to experience five days of peace, love, and rock-n-roll. Abbey Road on the River started in Cleveland, Ohio in 2002, relocated to Louisville, Kentucky in 2005 and has expanded to become the largest Beatles music-fest in the world. The Washington DC Beatles Tribute Festival includes two indoor stages, four outdoor stages, seminar gatherings, and a Fab Four merchandise marketplace.
The venue for the event in the Washington DC capital region is the Gaylord National Resort, well known for its luxurious accommodations and popular restaurants, but also for its soaring glass-enclosed atrium, expansive grounds, and camera-ready views of the Potomac River and Capital skyline.
See Photos of Abbey Road on the River
Highlights of the 2012 Abbey Road on the River
- Jefferson Starship, the band that descended from Jefferson Airplane and was created by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Paul Kantner, will perform a special concert on Friday, August 31 at 8:30 p.m. at the stunning Gaylord National Resort's new Riverview Stage.
- The 90-minute "Love Album" concert will be performed by the members of Chicago's BritBeat, Canada's All You Need Is Love, and Cincinnati's The Newbees on Saturday, September 1 at 8:30 p.m.
- "The White Album" will be re-created note-for-note by Canada's All You Need Is Love on Sunday, September 2.
- A Tribute Concert to recently departed Davy Jones and The Monkees will be held on Monday, September 3.
- A huge selection of Beatles' art and collectibles will be available to purchase.