Festival Dates & Hours
September 7-8, 2013
Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Old Town Alexandria, from King Street to Washington Street east to Union Street.
See a map of Alexandria
Take the Yellow or Blue lines to King Street Metrorail Station, then hop on the free King Street Trolley to the Festival. See a guide to parking in Alexandria
- Activities presented by The Art League include hands-on kids’ art projects with artist and instructor Steve Prince and the Ice Cream Bowl Fundraiser.
- Access through the Arts presents puppet making for kids plus prize drawings for kaleidoscopes and tickets to the Kaleidoscope for Kids event.
- Festival goers can take part in 10th anniversary fun by starting at the Alexandria Art Experience tents, where they can begin the Q-ART Code Scavenger Hunt.
- A Saturday Drawing Marathon presented by The Art League will take place at One Duke Street from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Other activities include Art Activated at the Torpedo Factory Art Center, Autumn Serenade, a pops chorus concert on Market Square presented by the award-winning Alexandria Singers, and Children in the Church Yard, a respite area for families presented by historic Christ Church.