The National Asian Heritage Festival-Fiesta Asia is a street fair held in Washington, DC in celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. The event showcases Asian art and culture with a wide array of activities including live performances by musicians, vocalists and performance artists, Pan-Asian cuisine, martial arts and lion dance demonstration, a multicultural marketplace, cultural displays and interactive activities.
Date and Times
May 17, 2014
10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 3rd & 6th St. Washington, DC
The closest Metro stations are National Archives/Navy Memorial and Judiciary Square
See Photos of Fiesta Asia
Asian Heritage Festival Highlights
- More than 100 live performing acts on 5 stages – Tibetan Folk; Filipino Hip Hop; Muay Thai Kickboxing; Middle Eastern Drums
- Fiesta Asia Emerging Stars Contest – a live talent search for ages 5 to 17
- Kiddiz Cool Lounge - Fiesta Asia Dragon; Hug the Panda; Meet Balloon Artist; Lantern Making; Henna Painting; Chalk the Walk; Storytelling & many more!
- Interactive Lessons: Bollywood; Hula; Folk; Drumming; Belly and Bamboo Dance
- Bhangra Mania & Shimmy Mob - Learn online, dance in the streets projects