Dates and Times
April 19 - 21, 2013
Friday 7 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
2013 Bethesda Literary Festival Participants
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and bestselling author David Maraniss, Barack Obama: The Story
- National Book Award winner and Pulitzer Prize finalist Alice McDermott
- New York Times bestselling novelist, Chris Bohjalian, The Sandcastle Girls
- Executive editor at Bloomberg News and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Amanda Bennett
- New York Times bestselling author of The Dressmaker, Kate Alcott
- Editor of The National Interest Robert Merry, Where They Stand: The American Presidents in the Eyes of Voters and Historians
- Award-winning journalist Lynn Povich, The Good Girls Revolt: How the Women of Newsweek Sued Their Bosses and Changed the Workplace
- Distinguished journalists, Rachel Cox, Into Dust and Fire: Five Young Americans Who Went First to Fight the Nazi Army; Ken Budd, The Voluntourist: A Six-Country Tale of Love, Loss, Fatherhood, Fate, and Singing Bon Jovi in Bethlehem; and Liza Mundy, The Richer Sex: How the New Majority of Female Breadwinners is Transforming Sex, Love, and Family
- Award-winning author Thomas Mallon, Watergate: A Novel
- Bestselling author, blogger and domestic satirist, Jill Smokler, Motherhood Comes Naturally (and Other Vicious Lies
- Award-winning poet and former Maryland poet laureate Michael Collier, An Individual History
- First official White House videographer, Arun Chaudhary, First Cameraman
Budding writers and poets from the community are encouraged to participate in the annual writing contest. Poets can share original poems about any topic. Winners of all three contests will receive prizes and will be honored at special events during the festival.
The Bethesda Literary Festival events take place at the following venues in the downtown area:
Barnes & Noble, 4801 Bethesda Ave.
Bethesda Library, 7400 Arlington Rd.
Doubletree Bethesda, 8120 Wisconsin Ave.
Hilton Garden Inn, 7301 Waverly St.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda, 7400 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda Elementary School, 7600 Arlington Rd.
The Writer's Center, 4508 Walsh St.
Waverly Street Gallery, 4600 East-West Hwy.
For more information and a complete schedule of events, please call (301) 215-6660 or visit www.bethesda.org.