Capital Pride is an annual event celebrating the spirit and strength in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) communities in Washington, DC. The event brings together national and local LGBT organizations with more than 50 diverse educational and entertainment events. The highlights include a street festival and parade that are open to the public. Capital Pride is produced by the Capital Pride Alliance, a non-profit entity incorporated in the District of Columbia with the sole purpose of supporting, planning, implementing and assessing the annual Capital Pride events and related activities throughout the year.
Dates: May 17 - June 8, 2014.
Capital Pride Parade
Saturday, June 7, 2014
4:30 - 7:30 p.m. Entertainment begins around 3:30 p.m. at the Review Stage.
The parade begins at 22nd and P Street NW, Washington, DC, proceeds around Dupont Circle, up New Hampshire to R Street, down 17th Street and then east on P Street, north on 14th Street, ending at R Street.
Closest Metro Station is Dupont Circle
See Photos of the Capital Pride Parade
Capital Pride Street Festival
Sunday, June 8, 2014
12 - 7 p.m.
Pennsylvania Ave. between 3rd and 7th St. NW, Washington DC
Closest Metro Station is Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter
See Photos of the Capital Pride Street Festival
Entertainment & Activities
- Capitol Stage and Nellie’s Beverage Garden - Featured Headliners include Emeli Sande, Icona Pop and Cher Lloyd. Enjoy your favorite Absolut cocktail, Bud Light, or Shocktop and Barefoot Wines.
- Monument Dance Tent and Bud Light Beverage Garden – A dance tent will highlight some of the best local DJ’s.
- Dupont Stage - The lineup will include drag performances and a variety of talent.
- Taste @ Pride - Enjoy outstanding food selections from some of best local area restaurants.
- Pride in Art - Two non-profit organizations dedicated to LGBTA educational and cultural activism are teaming up to produce a showcase of LGBTA artisans at the annual street festival.
- Family Area - New for this summer will be a 30 foot high inflatable water slide. The family area will also host food vendors, face painters, and covered tables and chairs.
- Demonstration Tent – This area will feature performances, classes and informational sessions from local groups.