Date and Time
September 16, 2012
Noon to 5 p.m.
Summit and Diamond Avenues.
A several block area around the intersection will be closed to traffic.
Free shuttle service is available to and from satellite parking at Lakeforest Shopping Center. A bike valet parking service will be available near City Hall off of South Summit Avenue. Limited free parking is also available at the public garage on the corner of South Summit and Olde Towne Avenues. Additional parking is available at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, less than a quarter mile from the festival area.
- Talent Music and Dance Competition, Five talented individuals and groups and three dancers/troupes will be competing for prize money and studio rehearsal time in this dynamic competition.
- Live Entertainment, The Smithereens headline the entertainment at the Uptown Stage near the Train Station. At other locations in the festival you’ll enjoy martial arts demonstrations, step teams and dance troupes, the island sounds of a steel drum band, and Andean pipe music from South America.
- The Taste of Gaithersburg, Enjoy delectable samples from more than a dozen unique, local restaurants, including Jamaican, Filipino, Middle Eastern and American fare. New this year is the Festival Beer Garden, featuring craft brewed beers from Growler’s of Gaithersburg.
- The Green Zone, is full of environmental information and family fun. Enjoy performances by Flumpa and Friends Live! and demonstrations with real boa constrictors, iguanas, turtles, and more. You can also explore the undersea world at a touch tank, learn interesting facts about wild animals, discover the world of science with hands-on experiments, and learn from local vendors how you can help the environment by going green.
- Kids Activities include including face painting, balloon sculptures, puppet making, a juggling school, pony rides, and a petting farm. Stop by the Gaithersburg Community Museum in the middle of the Festival to explore interactive displays about Gaithersburg’s history and marvel at a unique N gauge model railroad display. Also keep your eye out for amazing Art Cars, strolling entertainers, hula hoop demonstrations, clowns, a Unicycle Lady, and other costumed characters.