The City of Falls Church, Virginia celebrates Memorial Day with a full day of activities for the whole family. Enjoy amusement and pony rides, arts and crafts booths, live entertainment, food and a community parade. Live musical entertainment will be provided by Shenandoah Run and the City of Falls Church Concert Band. The Parade will be filmed by Falls Church City Cable Television and aired on Cox channel 11, Verizon channel 35, and RCN channel 2.
Date and Time
May 26, 2014, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rain or shine
Memorial Day Schedule
- 9 a.m. Don Beyer Volvo 3K Fun Run, Shenandoah Run Band
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Tours of 163-Year-Old Cherry Hill Farmhouse
- 11 a.m. Veterans Ceremony - Veterans Memorial, 223 Little Falls St. The keynote address will be given by Terry Shima, a WWII veteran who served in the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, a segregated Japanese American infantry unit.
- 12:15 p.m. City of Falls Church Concert Band
- 2 p.m. Memorial Day Parade
Falls Church City Hall
300 Park Avenue.
Falls Church Community Center
223 Little Falls St.
Road Closures6 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (except for limited local and vendor traffic) Park Ave. will be closed from N. Maple Ave. to N. Virginia Ave. and Little Falls St. will be closed from Park Ave. to Great Falls St.
8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Streets along the route of the Don Beyer Fun Run will be closed. The run begins at Little Falls and Great Falls Sts., then goes left (west) down Great Falls St., then left on Pennsylvania Ave., right on Fulton Ave., right on N. Oak St., left on Lincoln Ave., left on N. West St. and left on Park Ave. ending at Little Falls St.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Parade staging areas will be closed to vehicular traffic on Lincoln and West Sts. and Park Ave.
For more information, call the Recreation & Parks Division at 703-248-5178
Read more about Memorial Day in the Washington, DC Area