The National Cathedral Flower Mart is Washington, DC's annual outdoor festival for garden enthusiasts and families that features annuals, perennials, landscape exhibits, Olmsted Woods and Garden Tours, musical entertainment, gourmet food, a book sale, and children's activities such as a rock wall, moon bounce, mini-Ferris wheel and a century-old restored carousel.
Held on the grounds of the Washington National Cathedral since 1939, the Flower Mart is sponsored by the volunteer organization, All Hallows Guild. The festival encircles Washington National Cathedral with its tents and includes more than 50 booths offering gardening items, handbags, jewelry, and more. Embassies and international floral designers produce an extraordinary display of floral arrangements. In 2014, the event will celebrate its 75th anniversary.
See Photos of the National Cathedral Flower Mart
Dates and Times
May 2-3, 2014
Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On the grounds of Washington National Cathedral
Wisconsin and Massachusetts Avenues, NW
Note, the parking garage may fill up and street parking is limited. The closest Metro station is Cleveland Park. Shuttle buses will run from Tenleytown Metro stop on both days. Any #30 series bus, as well as Old Town Trolley, stops directly in front of the Cathedral.
- Australian didgeridoo performer Cameron McCarthy
- Regensburger Domspatzen (German Men and Boys Choir)
- Karpouzi Trio: traditional Greek instruments
- Mezeskalacs Folkdance (translates as “gingerbread” in English)—young Hungarian Folkdancers
- The First Battalion Scots Guards (Centuries-old Scottish pipe and drums ensemble)
- Taiko Performers (dynamic full-body Japanese drumming)
- Andrei Pidkivka and Solomia Gorokhivska (Ukranian flutist and violinist/pianist)
- Onion Patch Boys (favorite local bluegrass band)
- Howard University Gospel Choir
- Elite Cheerleading Squad from Sasha Bruce Network
- Terry Bender, Organ Grinder
- Washington Ringing Society
Cathedral Tower Climbs
Climb the top of the Cathedral’s tower and see a spectacular view! Tour is every half hour from 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Climb over 300 steps, 300 ft. above the Ground to the Bell Ringing Chamber. $10 per person - min. height 48 inches (4 ft).
International Floral Exhibit Participants From Around the World
- Embassy of Jamaica
- Embassy of Australia
- Embassy of Ecuador
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Embassy of India
- Embassy of Japan
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Embassy of the Royal Netherlands
- Embassy of New Zealand
- Embassy of the Republic of South Africa
- Embassy of Spain
- Embassy of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Embassy of Switzerland
- Embassy of Trinidad and Tobago
- Embassy of Ukraine
- Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United States of America