The Nation’s Football Classic includes a weekend of events including the Nation’s Football Classic™ Kickoff Rally, a Presidential Symposium, a Student Debate. an HBCU Alumni Networking Reception and the Nation’s Football Classic™ Fan Festival. There will also be All events are free to the general public (except for the football game).
Dates: September 6-8, 2013
Tickets: Tickets for the Nation’s Football Classic™ are on sale at Ticketmaster.com, the Howard University Box Office at Cramton Auditorium and the Morehouse College Bookstore.
Schedule of Events
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Presidential Symposium: “The Essence of the HBCU Experience”, Howard University Cramton Auditorium. Through panel discussions, this symposium explores topics of importance that highlight the diverse contributions of HBCUs to the development of our nation and the global community.
- Friday, 1 – 4 p.m. "The Game Before The Game": Mordecai Wyatt Johnson – Benjamin E. Mays Student Debate. Howard University Cramton Auditorium. Witness the academic rivalry between Howard and Morehouse as they showcase each school’s tradition of developing great orators.
- Friday, 6:30 – 9 p.m. AT&T Kickoff Rally. 9:30 Club, 801 V St. NW. The Rally will feature representatives from both schools, city officials and music. Co-hosts: Wendy Raquel Robinson and Fonzworth Bentley
- Friday 9 p.m. – 3 a.m. “Friday Night Lights” – Official Classic party (Ticketed event) The Howard Theatre
- Saturday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Pepsi® Fan Festival. RFK Stadium Festival Grounds – Lot 5.
The event includes games, music and exhibit booths. Performances by Raheem DeVaughn, Experience Unlimited (E.U.) and Mambo Sauce
- Saturday, 3:30 p.m. AT&T Nation’s Football Classic® (Ticketed event) RFK Stadium
- Sunday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Chapel Service. Howard University Rankin Chapel at Cramton Auditorium. Speaker: The Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III, Senior Pastor, Trinity United Church of Christ – Chicago, Ill.