See Photos of the Japanese Street Festival
Date and TimeApril 13, 2013. The street festival begins immediately following the Parade of the National Cherry Blossom Festival and runs from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Japanese Street Festival LocationThe Sakura Matsuri will be centered at 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, stretching east to west on Pennsylvania Avenue NW, from 9th to 14th Streets. Entrances are located at the following intersections:
- 13th and E Streets NW
- 11th and E Streets NW
- 13th St. and Pennsylvania Ave.
- 12th St. and Constitution Ave.
- 10th St. and Constitution Ave.
TransportationThe best way to get to the festival is by public transportation. The closest Metro stations are Federal Triangle and Metro Center. For more information about getting to the festival, see Cherry Blossom Festival Transportation Guide
Admission$5.00 per Adult. Children ages 12 and under are free. Purchase tickets in advance online and avoid the lines.
Performers Participating in the Sakura Matsuri
- Magverry, a young dynamic Japanese rock group
- M'sh, a J-Pop group that features two high-energy female vocalists
- Tamagawa University's 38-member taiko group
- Musicians and dancers from Okinawa Prefecture
- NASCAR driver Akinori Ogata
- Reni Reni, a Japanese "electro pop" singer with a new album, "Hybrid Girl"