The Washington Kastles bring live tennis tournaments to Washington, DC each July and actively work with local charities and community organizations to make tennis accessible to everyone in the greater national capital area. Owned by local entrepreneur Mark Ein, the Washington Kastles are the 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 World TeamTennis champions and the only team in league history to go undefeated through the regular season and playoffs.
New for the 2014 Season
The Washington Kastles are moving to a new indoor location at the George Washington University's newly renovated Charles E. Smith Center, located in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington DC. With their new facility, the Kastles will offer a wide range of new fan features, including high-definition instant replays visible throughout the arena, animated baseline scoreboards, luxurious hospitality areas and 700 additional seats. Also new ithis year, the Kastles Baseline Experience is an exclusive section where fans will sit directly behind the court and on the same level as the playing surface for a view unlike any other in professional tennis. Kastles Baseline Club seats overlook all the action from only 12 feet above the court. Before every home match, the Kastles will close off 22nd Street NW between F and G Streets NW for an outdoor fan festival featuring QuickStart kids tennis courts, fastest-serve contests, music, mascots, and food and drink specials.
- 22-time Grand Slam champion and former World No. 1 Venus Williams
- ATP World Tour No. 18 Kevin Anderson
- American rising star Sloan Stephens
- 15-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis
- 14-time Grand Slam champion and 2013 US Open Doubles champion Leander Paes
- WTA No. 21-ranked doubles champion Anastasia Rodionova
- Kastles closer and reigning FInals MVP Bobby Reynolds
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster. Season tickets, season boxes and group sales can be purchased by calling 202-4TENNIS (483-6647).
Washington Kastles Stadium
George Washington University, Charles E. Smith Center
22nd and G Streets NW
The Smith Center is located three blocks from the Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro station. Parking is available for $10 on weeknights and $12 on weekends at three George Washington University parking garages.
Washington Kastles 2014 Home ScheduleThe Kastles play a total of 14 matches, seven at home and seven on the road, with the top two finishers in each conference moving on to the playoffs. Gates open at 5:15 p.m., matches start at 7:10 p.m.
- Wed. July 9 - Boston - Martina Hingis
- Thu. July 10 - Philadelphia - Martina Hingis
- Sun. July 13 - Philadelphia - Martina Hingis
- Mon. July 14 - San Diego - Martina Hingis
- Wed. July 16 - Texas - Venus Williams and Martina Hingis (WAS)
- Mon. July 21 - Boston - Martina Hingi
- Tue. July 22 - Springfield - Martina Hingis