The DC Circulator provides inexpensive, frequent bus service around Washington DC. This relatively new bus service increases the accessibility to Washington, DC attractions and makes it easier for visitors, federal workers and local residents to get around the downtown area.
The DC Circulator is a partnership among DDOT, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and DC Surface Transit, Inc. Since its launch in 2005, the Circulator has grown substantially, supplementing Metro’s bus and rail service and connecting many of DC’s neighborhoods and activity centers.
DC Circulator Routes
See a Circulator Map
- Dupont Circle - Georgetown
- Georgetown – Union Station
- Union Station – Navy Yard
- Woodley Park – Adams Morgan
- Potomac Avenue Metro to Skyland via Barracks Row
$1 a ride, $.50 for seniors
- Cash - Exact change
- SmarTrip Card - Metro's farecard
- Transfer from Metrobus or between Circulator buses for free for up to two hours
- Purchase tickets ahead at fare meters or parking meters at the Circulator bus stops. Machines accept change or credit cards