The Segway is a self-balancing, personal transportation device that's fun and easy to operate. Riders must be 16 years of age and older and under 260lbs. The Segway tours are held in small groups in Washington, DC. Reservations are recommended, so be sure to plan ahead.
City Segway Tours
624 9th Street NW 202-626-0017 or (877) SEG-TOUR. Closest metro station is Gallery Place/Chinatown.
City Segway tours was the first company to offer these unique tours and they operate several locations around the world.
- Washington D.C. Segway Day Tour – 3 hours – departs at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Year Round. Cost $70.
- Washington D.C. Segway Night Tour – 3 hours- departs 6 p.m.
1350 I Street, NW, Washington, DC (202) 682-1980. Located across the street from the McPherson Square Metro Station.
This is Washington, DC’s only Segway dealer. Meet at their store and take a tour.
- Washington, DC “See the City” Tours – 2.5 hours – departs at 9:30 a.m., 12:30, 3:30 & 6:30 p.m. Sunday by appointment only. Cost $65.
Segs in the City
1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC. (800) SEGS-393.
Located at the Bike the Sites kiosk at the rear plaza of The Old Post Office Pavilion. The closest metro is the Federal Triangle Metro Stop. Segs in the City provides Segway tours in Annapolis, Gettysburg, Baltimore and Washington, DC. You may rent a Segway for additional time after a guided tour. Reservations are required in advance. Tour options include:
- Discover DC Safari - 2 hours - departs at 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. daily. Cost:
- Happy Hour Safari - 1 hour - departs at 12:30 & 5 p.m. daily. Cost $45.
- C & E Safari - 2 hours – This tour of Embassy Row departs at 4 p.m. on Sundays only. Meets at the PNC Bank - Dupont Circle - (1913 Massachusetts Avenue, NW) Cost: $70.