From the article: Best Happy Hours at Washington, DC’s Hottest Restaurants
Washington, DC has plenty of fun places to hang out after work with friends or coworkers. Where are your favorite happy hour places? Please include the name of just one restaurant or bar, the location and why you like it. Is it a fun atmosphere, do they offer great specials, what type of crowd does it attract, etc? Share Your Experience
JR's on Sundays
- Always a fun crowd, and it's pretty tough to beat $2 Skyy Vodka doubles and 80's videos! There are two "shifts" - 4:30 - 6:30 or so is less crowded, then 7:00 - 9:00 or later can get really packed crazy! Address: 1519 17th St. NW Washington DC
- The Doubletree hotel on Rhode Island Avenue NW has a really good happy hour from 4-7 and it has $5 appetizers, $3 beers and cocktails starting at $4. They have an outside patio too which is great for people watching. I like the ambiance and the decor inside, I think it's been recently updated. Oh and on Thursdays, we bring our dog to their doggie happy hour. He gets free treats and we get good drinks and the chef grills up food right on the terrace.
- —Guest Lisette Bandera
VERY HAPPY HOUR
- CAFE CITRON IS ALWAYS FUN... I LOVE THEIR HAPPY HOUR BECAUSE THEY HAVE GREAT DRINK CHOICES UNDER $6.. FROM 4 TO 7 30. THEY ALSO HAVE A GREAT SELECTION OF PITCHER COCKTAILS ... my favorite is they give ...FREE..... PINK BOAS AND TIARAS TO BIRTHDAY GIRLS & BACHELORETTES..
- —Guest LOVE TO LIVE
- Science Club never fails to please. If the upstairs bar gets crowded, make your way to the downstairs bar. The food is vegetarian and it is excellent (i am not a vegetarian myself either). Go for happy hour, stick around for the music after 9.
- —Guest shoude522
- My favorite place for happy hour is Sabor Cafe on Georgia Avenue, NW Washington, DC. I have gone there with friends and family. It is a beautiful space that offers live jazz music and wonderful food. I have gone at different times and always felt comfortable and welcome. I strongly recommend it.
- —Guest Sandra Nunez
Laughing Man's Tavern
- Fun place to sit back and laugh it up with good friends. They serve a funny dish with watermelon. Address: 1306 G Street, NW, Washington, DC
- —Guest Trish
- Science Club is a nice, central (downtown) spot for weekday happy hours. The specials include generous pours of decent wine, and the front patio is an added bonus when the weather cooperates. On chilly or gray days, the narrow, intimate space provides a cozy hangout to unwind in after work! Address: 1136 19 St. NW Washington, DC
- —Guest CW